As per the notification issued by Medical Council of India (No. MCI-34(1)/2009-Med./25453, Section 33 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 (102 of 1956)), Bapuji School & College of Nursing Shimoga has constituted anti-ragging committee in order to safeguard the bright future of students.
BSCN Shimoga banned ragging from any or group of students in the college premises like college campus, class rooms, laboratory, hospital, toilets, canteen, hostel, sports ground etc.,
The rules and regulations of BSCN Shimoga anti-ragging committee are listed as below.
- These regulations may be called Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in college premises.
- To eradicate ragging from college campus by law, preventing its occurrence by following the provisions of these Regulations and punishing those who indulge in ragging as provided for in these Regulations and the appropriate law in force.
- Head of the institution” means the Dean/Principal/Director of the college/institution.
- Ragging means - any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of harassing, teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation Process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specific period.
- Fine of Rs. 25,000/- to Rs. 1 lakh.